Project was moved to Github!
Please go to https://github.com/toniblyx/alfresco-backup-and-recovery-tool for downloads, questions, issues, suggestions or feedback. Thanks!
READ THIS WHITE PAPER TO UNDERSTAND THE BACKUP PROCESS: Alfresco Backup and Disaster Recovery – White Paper.pdf
– first release
– fixed LOCAL_DB_DIR comment
– added PGPASSWORD on dump command for Postgresql
– added date and time to any DB dump
– added logging to db dumps
– added backup of full Solr directory except live indexes (like a default installation based on the installer)
– added command line option to backup task, now you can invoke directly backup set (index, db, cs or files), if nothing is specified a backup will be done as in the configuration file.
– improved command options for restoration
– added “–single-transaction” to the mysqldump command
– added single file recovery from the contentstore (only mysql installations supported)
– added single file or directory recovery from the installation files.
– added “–allow-source-mismatch” in a force option if source hostname changes
Full list of features: http://blyx.com/2013/08/07/alfresco-backup-and-recovery-tool-release-v0-1/
For description and changelog see README file.
Alfresco BART needs Duplicity (Python backup tool). Install it or Alfresco BART won’t work. Most Linux distributions have readymade Duplicity packages available. If you encounter errors using the distro’s duplicity please double check if the version is outdated on http://duplicity.nongnu.org.
Please try using the latest stable Duplicity version (0.6.21) from the Duplicity website before filing bug reports. If you install Duplicity from the website’s tarball check next “Requirements” before:
- Python v2.4 or later
- librsync v0.9.6 or later
- GnuPG for encryption
- NcFTP version 3.1.9 or later
- Boto 1.6a or later
Other Alfresco BART dependences are:
- mysqldump for MySQL backup
- pg_dump for PostgreSQL backup
- imp for Oracle backup
- Create a GPG key for encryption support “gpg –gen-key” (double dash before gen), encryption is recommended.
- Copy the files “alfresco-bart.*” to the “scripts” directory inside your Alfresco installation directory or simply use it from anywhere in your file system (anyways I recommend to install it in your Alfresco installation).
- Check the executable permissions on “alfresco-bart.sh”, it must be executable (“chmod +x alfresco-bart.sh”).
- Protect permissions for alfresco-bart.properties, it must be set as read only for the user who runs the backup, i.e. to assign read permission only for the owner type “chmod 400 alfresco-bart.properties”.
- Edit ALFBRT_PATH variable in “alfresco-bart.sh”, read, understand and configure all required options in “alfresco-bart.properties”.
- Run “./alfresco-bart.sh” to get usage help
- Add “0 5 * * * /path/to/alfresco-bart.sh backup” to the appropriate crontab if you want to run your backup daily at 5AM (after Alfresco’s nightly backups and maintenance jobs). First time you run “alfresco-bart.sh backup” it will do a full backup then incremental backups as you configure in alfresco-bart.properties.